HOME STAGING STATISTICS
Here is an interesting study I just read about the benefits of staging your home! Please see the Seller section for the many benefits of selling your home with me, Sara Kalke. A room-by-room home staging consultation is included in my 25-Point Marketing Plan.
A National Home Gain Survey (2007) shows that the top four ROI (return on investments) for property improvement are staging related items.
- Clean and de-clutter = with the highest return on investment (ROI) at 580%
- Lighten and brighten = 350% ROI
- Staging the home = 340% ROI
- Landscaping = 320% ROI
These top four are followed by:
- Repairs of electrical or plumbing = 170% ROI
- Replacing flooring = 160% ROI
- Interior and exterior painting = 150% ROI each
- Repairing damaged floors = 130% ROI
- Updating kitchens and bathrooms = 120%
The drop in ROI for these last items is significant, showing clearly that the best investment in keeping the highest equity is in fact the updates that staging offers, because staging related items are mostly sweat equity and not expensive to implement. This is good news for sellers who want to spend a nickel and get a dollar back.