Selling a condo requires a specialized level of experience and care. Below is a list of the most common mistakes that condo sellers make and how I help my clients avoid them!
Top 5 Mistakes Condo Sellers Make
- Not Hiring a Professional Agent: Selling a condo requires a particular skill set, with special experience and care to the details associated with condo living. I have been involved in the sale of over a hundred condos*, from townhomes to penthouses to micro-lofts, and know the many details involved from listing them correctly to selling them smoothly.
- Not Knowing the Basics: Is your condo a bareland condo or a conventional condo? Is your parking stall titled or assigned? What does your condo fee include? I will verify all of the crucial facts upon listing your condo.
- Not Knowing the Building: Is your building currently experiencing major problems, or is it a well-maintained condo? Some condos have a frightening record of issues with moisture and flooding, special assessments and high condo fees. Others have an equally frightening lack of foresight with too-low condo fees and little maintenance. The reputation of your condo preceeds buyers with savvy agents.
- Not Being Prepared: Did you know that condo management companies by law have up to 10 BUSINESS DAYS to provide condo documents, when most offers will only provide for 3-5 business days for delivery of documents? Don't be left scrambling for documents at the last moment and risk losing a sale! I order (and pay for) the condo documents upon listing your condo, and
- Not Using Technology: I have all condo documents scanned to a Dropbox folder, so that I am able to provide them immediately upon my sellers accepting an offer. This is not only crucial for speeding up a sale, it is very useful for reference when there are questions about a building. Say goodbye to giant envelopes, wasted time driving and worrying that your documents will never be returned!
Would you like more information? Time to list your condo? Please fill out your information HERE and I will be in contact with you!
Direct (call or text): (780) 710-7669
*First as a licensed real estate assistant and as an independent licensed REALTOR® since 2010!
All Rights Reserved. All materials on this website copyright Sara Kalke, 2013; and may not be reproduced, transmitted or used without the express written permission of Sara Kalke.